Thursday, September 4th 2014 11:00 AM (SGT)
MIDAS Eurocode Design Training Series - #2
Eurocode Steel Design with SS EN & BC1
“On 1 April 2015, BCA will withdraw our current codes - which are based on the British Standards - from use. The Eurocodes will replace them as Singapore's prescribed building codes for structural design.”
– Building & Construction Authority
Singapore Engineers will have to use only Eurocode and SS EN after 7month from now.
Only for this 2nd Quarter, more than 20 companies decided to adopt Eurocode and SS EN and many other organizations are giving attention on it.
And there was a technical seminar at NTU last year in which 650 engineers discussed about Eurocodes.
Even now it is not too late.
|Eurocode Training series which MIDAS is planning for Singapore Engineers will help you to smoothly shift to the Eurocode and Singapore National Annex.|
The presentation will focus on incorporating imperfections & second order analysis into analysis. Design concepts of steel design as per SS EN 1993-1-1: 2010 & SS EN 1993-1-5: 2009 & BC1:2012 will be discussed. This will be followed up by a demonstration for beam design & column design.
1. When & how to account for global structure imperfections
2. How to consider local member imperfections in design
3. Second order analysis for steel structures
4. Steel Design as per EN 1993-1-1 (2005) & EN 1993-1-5 (2006)
5. Material Properties as per BC1:2012
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS PRESENTATION?
1. Structural Engineers designing Steel members as per Eurocode
2. Engineers doing hand calculation for using BC1:2012
3. Engineers who want to know about imperfections & second order analysis