Thursday, May 15th, 2014 11:00 AM (KST)
There are several reasons to use integral bridges – better durability, lower maintenance and cost savings over comparable jointed bridges. Indeed, consideration of integral construction is required by highway authorities of several nations for bridges less than 60m in overall length. But there are several additional considerations that are required for such bridges, chief among these being soil-structure interaction and the effect of soil pressure on the bridge and abutments. This webinar will walk us through the basic considerations required for modeling, analyzing and designing Integral Bridges and will discuss such topics as modeling philosophies, soil-structure interaction and Design considerations simultaneously demonstrating the capabilities of midas Civil in handling these kinds of bridges.
1. Modeling philosophies for Integral Bridges
2. Soil Structure Interaction considerations
3. Member design using midas Civil
4. Advantages and Disadvantages of Integral Bridges
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS PRESENTATION?
1. Structural Engineers designing Integral Bridges
2. Engineers looking for a single total solution for Superstructure and Substructure analysis and design